Our experience in the field of corporate governance to date have been as follows:
- In 2009, We were elected a director of The Forsight Foundation for the Deaf/Blind (www.forsightfoundation.com.au); in 2010, We http://were elected Honorary Treasurer of the Foundation.
- In 2003, We undertook the Australian Institute of Company Directors (www.companydirectors.com.au) 'Company Directors' Course, and were awarded a pass with merit.
- As part of our responsibilities for strengthening the Asian Development Bank's Private Sector Group (PSG) credit management, We placed emphasis on strengthened corporate governance as part of post-disbursement management and monitoring of PSG investments.
- As the ADB's director on the board of Xiamen International Bank, We were able to persuade the board to agree to a wholescale re-writing of the bank's Articles of Association, with the aim of achieving significantly strengthened corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Conducted an interactive seminar in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on corporate governance for nominee directors of Permodalan Nasional Berhad.
- Currently writing a 2-day seminar, for presentation on behalf of Euromoney Training, entitled "Corporate Governance in Asia".
- Wrote module on "corporate governance in funds management and securities companies" for e-learning programme for Australian funds management and securities companies.
We believe that borrowers that apply strong corporate governance practices significantly enhance their credit standing. We therefore strongly advocate that lenders should insist on their borrowers implementing and maintaining strong corporate governance practices. We routinely incorporate a module on corporate governance into all our credit training seminars.